Saturday, January 9, 2010

Small Talk Six

image

Today’s topic is “6 of your most vivid childhood memories.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .

 

  1. I vividly remember going to spend time at my grandfather’s cottage on Lake Huron quite often. There were so many fun things to do! We went tubing, rode jet-ski’s, swam, drove around the golf cart, and sat around the fire pit at night. He no longer has the cottage, but while he did, we had a lot of fun there.
  2. I remember riding all over town on my bike as a kid. It’s what we did every day when we had warm weather. It was a different time back then, and I also lived in a little bitty po-dunk town. It makes me sad to think my own children will never be able to experience the kind of childhood I did. It’s such a scary world out there nowadays.
  3. I also recall what it was like being a big sister. I was 8 when my younger sister was born and I thought I was little momma. I wanted to help with/do everything! As she got older, we often played school (I played the mean teacher) and store. I also spent a lot of time teaching her how to count and ABC’s.
  4. I remember trying to tag along with my older brother EVERYWHERE he went. When he actually allowed me to play with him, we mostly played army. We would run around the backyard and throw “grenades” at one another (made out of whatever we could get our hands on at the time) and  argue over who killed who first.
  5. I remember going swimming at Lakeview “beach” all the time in the summer. It was a campground and they had a very small beach you could swim at. They had a great concession stand full of cheap candy and snacks. The best part of it was there were fish in the lake (they had part of the lake sectioned off for fishing) that would nibble you if you were sitting still.
  6. I remember bike wrecks (lots of them always involving my best friend, Joanie), Pogo Balls, Gotchya guns, and Easy Bake ovens. Man, they sure had some great toys when I was a kid!

Blessings,

: ) Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...