Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WHY am I still awake?

It’s 2:30 here and I am sitting up on bed blogging.

NO, I am not up TO BLOG. I am blogging because I am up! Hehe, convinced? But seriously, I JUST finished getting things in workboxes for school tomorrow. I don’t know why I do this to myself. But hey, they are done and we are all set to complete a full day of lessons tomorrow, that’s what counts, right?

I had been contemplating going back to my old system of “doing school” over the past week or so. Sometimes it takes so very long to get my act together and get those boxes filled. I think the biggest reason is because it is hard on some days to find 12 separate activities for each boy to do. I spend a lot of time scouring my favorite printables sites to find fun, relative things for them to do to fill in those extra few empty boxes. So I decided I would try mixing workboxes in with my previous way of doing things. I used a binder system, with pockets for each day of the week, prefilled with the entire week’s work. I thought I would put our normal workpage type work in those then put some extra fun things in the workboxes, maybe 6 per boy, that they could do while they were waiting to work with me or after finishing all their other work. It didn’t work out. Wondering why? Because I can’t find those darn binders anywhere! I know I didn’t throw them out (I never throw school stuff out, just ask my husband) but I just don’t know where they could be! Well, they COULD be in any one of several boxes stacked up in my closet. But I don’t need to find them badly enough to drag the entire contents of my walk-in out at 11pm. So, for now, we are sticking with workboxes.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the system. I just think I put too much pressure on myself to get all 12 boxes filled with fun and interesting things for the boys to do. Drew is a whiner during school time, so it’s nice when he is excited to do anything school-related. So i guess I only have myself to blame.

Anyhow, are you enjoying my late-night ramblings? I would already be sleeping now if it were not for the fact that I only ate 2 meals today and skipped dinner. My tummy is rumbling. So I am having a little snack then it’s off to sleep I go!

Here’s hoping our school time tomorrow goes well, it will be our first real day back from break (we did fun, computer schooling yesterday). I will likely be fighting some negative attitudes from my eldest.

Blessings,

: ) Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...