Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It’s Potty Time!

image

I have been toying with the idea of potty-training lil man now for about a month, but have been hesitant because he hasn’t shown many signs of readiness. Being that Daddy will be leaving in a few months for basic, and he won’t be back until after Baby #5 is born, I have been feeling the need to move things along. I know if it’s left until the baby comes, I will not have the energy to be consistent.

A friend whose two twin boys are one year older than Joey gave me some like-new undies which she had purchased for them but were too small already. So Sunday I decided to keep him in undies all day and make frequent bathroom breaks to see how it went. I figured this was the best way to gauge exactly how ready he was. It took us half the day to figure out that he goes much better on the toilet with a potty seat than in the potty chair. After that we were in business.

Today was our third day with underwear and so far he is doing great! We are taking things very slow being that he is only 26 months old, so right now we are only focusing on peeing into the potty. Once he gets that down we will up the ante and get him to do #2 in the potty. Then once he is staying consistently clean and dry during the day, we will work on naptime and nighttime!

The good news is he is excited to get out of his diaper in the morning and put on his big boy underwear. He is consistently getting excited every time he makes a pee pee in the big potty. He claps and dances, it is so cute! We have not had to bribe him with candy or coax him into going every half hour.

Granted, he has had accidents, but I find that the majority of the time, it’s the result of a few little drips making a small wet spot in his undies, most of the time while he is busy playing and he doesn’t notice until Mommy does. There have only been a few instances of him actually opening the floodgates and letting go while wearing them. So I’m calling this endeavor a success so far!

I will be sure to post some pics soon of lil man in his lil undies – cause to me there’s nothing cuter than a little boy in little underwear!

Blessings,

image

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say "hi" on last week's blog walk. I am so far behind. :-) Loved your "not me Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a week behind on my blog walk, but still wanted to stop by and say hi. I hope you have a wonderful week!
    ~ Nanette
    Fellow TOS Crew member

    ReplyDelete
  3. saying hello from the blog walk as well. My mom always says...no worries I don't know of any adult who is not potty trained. We all learn eventually. Hope it goes well. :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your blog. The best to you with the potty training. Praying for healthy mom and baby throughout your pregnancy and delivery.

    Blessings!

    ~Jenni, TOS Crewbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...