I just came across this idea today reading through my feed reader and thought it was a really neat way to regroup and focus on a great new year. One Little Word is something that was started by a fellow blogger and you can find out more about it here.
I have decided to participate and the word I have chosen is PEACE.
Definition of PEACE from dictionary.com: (emphasis mine)
1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquility; serenity.
7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquility: the peace of a mountain resort.
9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
10. (initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
In the coming year, the word PEACE describes what I am striving for in all areas of my life and family. I want a peaceful home, a peaceful mind, and peaceful relationships to become the norm. Just read the bolded definitions above! Freedom from strife, tranquility, serenity, stillness… Who doesn’t want these things?
Count me in!
: ) Cassie