Tuesday, December 15, 2009

HOTM Review: Made With Love Flashcards

Here you can read my second product review for HOTM, enjoy!

Review: Made With Love: Flashcards for Early Education..

December 15, 2009 by Cassie
Leave a Comment
23391
When it comes to e-products there are a LOT more options out there in recent years then there used to be. I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review a product that is geared
towards very young children as I have found these resources harder to
come by. Made With Love: Flashcards for Early Education and Speech Delayed Children is one such product. It is also a useful resource for older children
that may have some speech delays. This product only requires a printer,
scissors, and some quality one-on-one time with your child. The
flashcards print in alphabetical order and are in full color. I had the
opportunity to use these cards in my home with my 19 month old son, and
with my friend's 3 year old son who has slight speech delays. I was
surprised to find it very easy to make using these cards an enjoyable
experience for both of them. They both really liked the bright,
colorful photos on each card! There is a wide range of words in this
set, starting with simple, one-syllable words like "ball" and moving on
into more difficult words such as "watermelon". There are 70 flashcards
in all.
For my toddler, we used the cards in the following way: I
went through and chose all of the simple one and two-syllable words
that I thought he would recognize. I then showed each card to him, one
at a time, and said the word aloud to him. Then I gave him the card and
asked him to say the word. He really liked collecting the cards and
looking at the pictures. We even practiced our animal sounds!
For
my friend's son, I showed him each card to first see if he recognized
the picture on it and could tell me what it was. If he did, I repeated
the word back to him and then gave him the card and asked him to say
the word again. If he did not recognize the picture, I told him what it
was, then gave him the card and asked him to repeat the word. Again, he
really enjoyed making a pile of the cards as he practiced saying the
words.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone with
toddlers just learning to say words up to school-age children that need
help and practice to correctly pronounce common, everyday words.
This product is available for purchase through CurrClick: HERE.


Cassandra Simpson is a homeschooling wife and mother of four children, ages 1, 8,
9, and 12. She is starting her 6th year of home educating in Indiana
and uses a "Classically Eclectic" teaching approach. Cassandra is the
Assistant Lead Moderator for HOTM's forum
and loves talking homeschool with anyone who will listen! Her hobbies
are reading, blogging, sewing, and cooking. You can check out her
family's blog at In His Image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...