Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #19 – Making a List

hm-19
THEME
This week I want to set our minds on setting some goals for next year, whether personal, for the whole family, or for school.
Ok, this is something I really, REALLY need to do.  Therefore I am very excited about this week’s “assignment”.  There are a LOT of things I want to improve upon or change and the New Year is as good time as any to do so!  Right?  Right!  So off we go…
PERSONAL GOALS for 2009
1. Have a CONSISTENT daily quiet time with the Lord.
2. Read through my Chronological “Bible in a Year” for the first time in the 4 years I have owned it.
3. Be a better wife and mother.
4. Make an effort to smile more, yell less and enjoy my children.
5.  Say what I mean and mean what I say…in all circumstances.
6. Make a more conscious effort to put time into my appearance instead of staying in sweats or PJ’s all day and throwing my hair up in a bun (come on now I know I’m not the only one).
7. Be more conscious of my spending habits.
8. Keep up better on laundry (a constant struggle).
9. Implement and use a system for housework so that certain things will not be neglected.
10. Get organized (not so tough) and STAY organized (ah that’s the clincher).
11. Get into a better routine.  Meaning getting up earlier and using my time more wisely.
12. Be more attentive to my husband’s needs and wants.
13. Attend church services more regularly (we have been slacking in this area).
14. Pray more, worry less.
15. Learn to be more patient, consistent, and cheerful (regardless of circumstances).
FAMILY GOALS for 2009
1. Have daily prayer and devotions as a family.
2. Spend more quality time together.
3. Set up a chore routine for the children and stick to it.  Teach the kids new skills in this area.
4. Establish a working “routine” for our days so that they will go more smoothly.
5. Put more emphasis on child training and spend less time “putting out fires”.
6. Include the children more when doing household duties (laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc).
SCHOOL GOALS for 2009
1.  Get more done!!!!!!
2. Teach the children to do more independently and find ways to make them more responsible for completing their own work.
3. Do more science experiments.
4. Spend more time DOING and less time PLANNING to do.
5. Find a better system for keeping records and stick to it.
6. Get Isaiah reading fluently (we are slowly getting there).
7. Encourage Drew to read more independently.
8. Be more consistent with our school days.
9. Do more creative writing.
10. Improve Drew’s spelling skills.
11. Get more organized (again a constant struggle for me).
12. Encourage diligence, responsibility, neatness, and a good attitude in my children (with school and other things).
I know there are probably a LOT more goals I could list, but this is a good start.  I am looking forward to working on these goals, and others, this coming year and I pray that the Lord will bless me and my family with the ability to achieve as many of them as possible.

Blessings,

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...