Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lots of fun changes!

As I shared in my last post, this is a busy time of year for us. One thing we have really needed is new living room furniture. We used to rent-to-own our living room furniture, but after hubby lost his job last year, we were no longer able to afford the extra expense. So after we returned our living room set, we were left with a hand-me-down recliner. Thankfully, we were given a loveseat by friends, and that is what we have had for over a year now. We purchased a cheap set of end tables from Walmart to get us by. Last year we really wanted to purchase a new couch, but I just couldn’t bear to spend so much on one item. This year, we decided to look around to see if we could find something used in our price range that would meet our needs and cost us under $500. The first store we went to, we found just what we needed. We ended up with a very nice, clean sofa and loveseat set for $375!! They also had a really neat bookcase that I just had to have for $75.

They delivered our things this past Monday and I completely love our new living space. But before I show you what our living room looks like now, let me show you some before and during photos.

IMG_0028 IMG_0024 IMG_0025 IMG_0026

This is our living room before as it has been since we moved here in November. The pain about the way our living/dining room is set up here is that there was no other way to arrange the couch and recliner.

IMG_0035 IMG_0031 IMG_0032 IMG_0033 IMG_0034

Ok, the night before we were to get our new stuff, we did some prep. Our entertainment center had to be moved down a few inches to allow room to reposition the dvd shelf in the corner. We also had to get a new whiteboard and have it cut to fit the opposite wall because the bookcase had to go on the wall that previously held the whiteboard.  And of course, we moved the tall bookcase upstairs into the bedroom. It’s not very stable and I wanted it out of the main living area. There were several other small changes that we had to make also. The first picture shows the bookcase I moved to our entry way. We had a small table there with a basket to hold hubby’s things and it tended to be a catch all. So I purchased a few fabric baskets to keep mail, catalogs and other things in and put them on the shelves.

IMG_0037 IMG_0036

These pictures were taken Monday afternoon while we were waiting on our delivery to arrive. We moved the loveseat into the boys’ room and the recliner went into Jasmine’s room. Thank goodness we had a good friend who came over and helped hubby move that loveseat upstairs. There is no way I could have helped him without hurting myself in the process.

IMG_0045 IMG_0039 IMG_0040 IMG_0042 IMG_0044 

I just had to share that first picture. They thought they could sit in the cubbies, but there were a little too big! Aren’t the couches pretty? And I am completely in love with the new bookcase. My fabric bins fit in it perfectly. I still don’t have it totally organized the way I want it. I’m a little OCD about stuff like that. If not for having been so busy all week, it would have been done by now. The best thing about the new furniture is that the entire family now has a comfy place to sit.  The really cool thing about this whole process is that Isaiah and Jazz have both been away all week with family, so Friday when they get home, it will be like a whole new room they have never seen!

We took Drew and Joey to the park today, and I took lots of pictures. I’ll be sure to post tomorrow and share them with you and tell you what Drew and I have been doing for school this week with Isaiah away.

Blessings,

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...