Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #3 - Routines


THEME
I am sure some of you are still getting into your homeschool routines. I know some people are very routine oriented while others may be more “day-by-day”, and it all depends on your family and what works best for your life-style. This week please post what your planned homeschool routine is. The theme banner should give you some ideas on how to do that. I had fun making that and adding in real info (except for the times! lol).


When you’re done posting your routines please share
your prayers for this school year, and then sign the linky so others can visit.
Ok, this is hard for me because I am still trying to figure out our "routine". It definitely varies from day to day depending on whether I am babysitting or we have errands to run. My hubby's scedule also affects what we do from day to day.
With all the different circumstances we encounter from day to day around here, I have recently decided to take a more relaxed approach to our school days. On the days when I watch my friends toddler, we do lessons in between his and Joey's naps until he leaves for the day. Then we try to get some more things done in the evening before dinner.

But I can share with you what our IDEAL routine would be.... who knows, maybe we will get into a routine similar to this after we find our niche. Just a note, we do not schedule blocks of time per subject. Rather we schedule blocks of time for lessons and try to get done as much as possible in that period of time.


  • 7 am - Mom gets up and feeds Joey

  • 8-9:30 am - Mom's pc time and a couple loads of laundry

  • 9:30 am - Boys get up (sometimes earlier) and eat and have free time, I tend to Joey (by now he has usually had his morning nap and woken up) and try to get things done around the house as I can

  • 10 am - Mom feeds Joey his second bottle and he is usually ready for a nap soon afterwards

  • 11am - Mom preps lessons for the day and boys complete some work with my help periodically

  • 12:30 pm - Lunch

  • 1 pm - Mom feeds Joey lunch and has playtime with him, then lays him down for a short nap

  • 2 pm - Lessons resume for as long as we are able (usually no more than an hour or so)

  • 3 pm - Mom gets housework done and boys have free time (they usually play with Joey for a bit to help me out)

  • 4 pm - Mom feeds joey his fourth bottle

  • 4:30 pm - More lessons as time allows

  • 6 pm - Make and eat dinner

  • 7 pm - Joey eats again

  • 8:30 pm - Joey has a bath and dresses for bed

  • 9pm - Mom feeds Joey his cereal and he goes to bed for the night, kids have showers and clean rooms, dress for bed

  • 9:30 pm - Mom reads to kids, Kids to bed, Mom cleans up kitchen and has free time

  • 11:30 pm - Mom to bed
The above is a very loose routine (not a strict schedule) that I would like to stick to, though the ability has eluded me to this point! But we will keep trying!

Dear Father,

This year Lord, please help me to focus on what's really important. Please bless me with the energy and discipline to do what needs to be done. Help me to let go and follow Your leading for my life and the lives of my children. Help me to enjoy every day to it's fullest and to embrace every opportunity to teach my children. Thank You Lord, that You are with me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment! We love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...